Enter the Power Position
- Do you miss your lifts in front?
- Do you jump forward on your catch?
- Are you slow to pull yourself under the barbell?
Then you should be doing more reps from the high hang!
High Hang Benefits:
- Teaches the finish with a flexed knee – ensuring the bar will go up and not away from your body
- Forces you to be fast under the barbell because there is a lot less momentum to get the bar up
- Ensures a tight pull close to the body
- Less can go wrong – focused movement on a segment of a very complex lift
Check out this video tutorial:
Add in some high hang work as a part of your warmup. You can also do a dedicated session of high hang snatches and cleans on one of your lighter days instead of power variations or block variations. Stick between 1-3 reps per set. Start light. Since you don’t have as much momentum as a full clean or snatch, you will be surprised how heavy it will feel.
Do these for a couple of weeks and I guarantee you will be feeling faster and more confident then ever!
Find something useful in this article? Then hit the share button!
Mulligan Fitness and Hylete.com
Check out the Cross Training Short 2.0 and other best in the business training apparel at Hylete.com and get 20% off any order when you use the code TRT6YRGES. Click here and check out the latest gear!